Thursday, September 30, 2010

Well, it was an idea...


I've had these two scrap pieces of fleece laying around for a while, so I finally decided to try to make some use of them.  Each of them were only about 1/4 yard wide, and when I found them I had the idea to make some kind of braided scarf, which is what I did...I'm not quite sure if it's what I had in mind though.


First I cut the pieces in about 1/2 inch strips.  I tried using a few strips at a time to make smaller braids, which I then planned to braid together...but I didn't really like where it was going so decided to just braid all of the pieces together.


I guess it didn't turn out too bad, it's just a little too short to actually work as a scarf.  Bleh... I like the idea of it though, and I think maybe I've actually seen braided scarves before.  Maybe I'll try another one soon with other scrap fabrics or yarn (just make sure it's long enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment