Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

This weekend has been pretty busy and I haven't had time to work on projects, really... My friend and I went to went to Philadelphia this weekend to an Ingrid Michaelson concert (awesome!) and to visit our other friend who is going to school there. It was a great trip! The only project I've done, though is the beginning of my first attempt at knitting a hat, which I started in the car on the way home (when I wasn't driving).


I know it really looks like nothing yet...just a circle. But hopefully it will eventually turn into a hat. We'll see how it goes!
Oh, and on Youtube I found the awesomeness that is Knit Picks.  If you ever want to learn how to knit, that is definitely the place to go. They have all kinds of videos from very basic concepts to harder projects like mittens, etc. They go over each step and they're really easy to follow, it's great.

6 comments:

  1. Very Cool! These hats are actually very in this season. Have you thought about incorporating some other colors? I recently saw this really interesting yarn - it was almost tie-dye. There were all these colors with in one ball of yarn - Are you familiar with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was planning on doing some blue stripes in this hat. And yes, I've seen those types of yarns...they have so many great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you weren't knitting while driving. Knitting while driving has been found to be one of the leading causes of automobile crashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shaun Thompson
    I heard that knitting while walking accidents were also on the rise this year. Alcohol was involved in all known incidents. Proving yet again that knitting and drinking just don't mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks for the warning guys! Next time I come close to drinking and knitting, I will be sure to hand over the needles.

    ReplyDelete