Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Couple of Things . . .

I love diyideas.com.  So many wonderful ideas floating around that place!  I get the newsletters to my one email address and I always love looking at all the cool project ideas, I would love to try so many of them!  Too bad I never have the free time. Sigh...some day I really will try them out. Really!

Also, I thought I'd share this fun stop-motion video I made for my art class last semester.


I made this video using one of the first few dresses I made. I called it my "bed sheet dress" because, as with many of my dresses, I made it out of an old bed sheet of ours. (I like to be resourceful!)  I made it so many years ago it was getting too small to actually wear, sadly, so I decided to sacrifice its life for this video.  I created the whole thing backwards, with the last pictures being the first ones I took, and actually tore the dress apart as I went.  After 840 pictures and many troubles to get them in the right order, this is the result.  It's a little rough in a couple of spots, but I'm pretty happy with it.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. If your looking for any ideas as for crafts other than clothing - I was just at the Fall Foliage Festival in Bedford County. There were so many crafts and I think it would be a great place to get ideas. They are having it again next weekend and it goes on Saturday and Sunday - you should check it out for sure. Here is a link to the website http://www.bedfordfallfestival.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks! I heard about this last week I think...Sounds fun, I might have to go check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete