Sunday, October 10, 2010

In the making...

Okay, I just have to say I love the fall...yesterday my mom and I went on a walk with the dogs to enjoy the day.  It wasn't quite as peaceful as our usual walks, though, because they're checking for natural gas around where I live and it's quite noisy. Bleh! Ah well, at least we got to see the leaves.  I think this picture sums it up quite well...


So today is my dad's birthday, and I've been working on projects off and on all day. The only thing I finished, though, is this - his birthday card which I made using a few leaves I picked up during our walk yesterday. Pretty simple, but I figured my dad would appreciate it.


Playing around with the colored leaves like this makes me think of the amazing work of Andy Goldsworthy. He's an environmentalist artist and if you've never seen his work, it's definitely worth looking at. Some of his work is so simple yet striking, and some of it is so massive, it's hard to believe that he created it. But nonetheless, its all impressive...It's like nature on steroids.

Anyway, one thing I worked on today was this purse I'm making out of an old sweater.



I wasn't too sure about what to do with it because I cut out the pieces for it a long time ago just on a whim, and they sat in the drawer for quite a while. I kind of forgot my original plans, but I thought of a new idea. It doesn't look like much yet, but hopefully it works. The main part of the purse is now sewn together, and I plan to make a strap for it and add yarn to bring the bottom together as well. I'll do that this week, and post pictures of the finished product then.  I also worked on a wrap skirt, but don't have any pictures of it yet.  I'll post pictures of it when it's finished too.

No comments:

Post a Comment