Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welcome, Celie!

Well, I haven't had time this week yet to work on anything new, so I'll do another flashback post since I've been planning on posting these anyway.  I just became an aunt a little over a month ago when my awesome sister, Missie, had her first baby girl Cecilia Ruth. I, of course, wanted to make some things for my new niece.  : )

One of the things I made were these adorable felt baby booties.  I found the pattern over at favecrafts.com and they're pretty simple but really cute. Now we just have to wait for her to grow enough to fit into them!


The turtle pattern wasn't on the site - I just made it up myself.

Another thing I made was this stuffed elephant. I used Simplicity pattern number 2613.

 
 
Isn't he cute? The fabric matches a giraffe I made from this same pattern for her cousin Sofia last year.  I hadn't really made any stuffed animals before that (besides a sock money I made when I was nine) but it's actually pretty fun and they're a lot easier than I thought they would be.
I also made her a quilt out of Missie's old baby blankets and sheets from when she was a kid, which turned out pretty well.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of that to post right now. Maybe another time!

Well, that's all I have for now. I will post some current projects soon since I will have more time this weekend to work on things. 

2 comments:

  1. The turtle booties are so sweet and such a cute idea. I'm sure they would make really great gifts. Have you ever thought about selling your stuff online? I have a niece who is 1 and I would love to get her a pair. Also what sizes are they? Are they for toddlers or newborns? Or when you found the pattern would it let you make whatever size you wanted to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No, I actually haven't sold anything online, but that would be awesome. And as for the sizes, I'm not sure. I could easily adjust the size, though. But if your niece is walking, I don't think they're really meant for that...mostly to look cute. :) Haha

    ReplyDelete