I seem to always get into the not-so-healthy routine of staying up into the wee hours of the night/morning, as seen by the fact that it is now after 3 am. Sometimes it's good because I can be quite productive during my late-night adventures, but other times...not so much. Tonight I think is leaning towards the latter. I think it's partly due to my mind knowing that I don't have class until 4 pm... Anyway, I just wanted to do a quick update and be at least a little productive. I finished this hat that I started the other day.
Overall it turned out pretty good, but I did have some problems. After switching to the brown to decrease I realized it was going to turn out too short...so I tore out stitches and added the tan stripe before switching to brown. That isn't really a bad thing, though. The top looks a little wonky too, probably because I didn't cast on the same amount of stitches that the pattern called for, which made decreasing uneven...oops. I went by this pattern but didn't follow it exactly. It also doesn't say when to switch colors, which is why I had to guesstimate. This was my first time using double pointed needles to finish the top of the hat too! It's a little tricky but it went pretty well.
Now, I think I want to do a matching striped scarf out of these same yarns to go along with the hat. It should be fun!