Saturday, November 13, 2010

Give me more yarn!

I'm growing fonder of yarn by the day. There's so much you can do with it! I'm still pretty new at knitting and crocheting, though, since I had always been more of a seamstress. I'm definitely "expanding my craft," you could say. But don't worry, sewing machine, I have not abandoned you!

Anyway, I made a couple of quick projects I'd like to share. First I made a crocheted headband. I've crocheted plain old headbands in the past, but this time I made one with three strands that go across. I made some in other colors too. These are so fun to make!

I pulled my hair back so you can see it better...



I also tried making some crocheted earrings, like I said before. It was just practice so I used white...my mom says they look like big snowballs though. So I'm not quite sure if I like them. Maybe in a different color or a different shape. I'll try to make more later.



So what do you think? Would a different color be better? Or a different shape? Or maybe I need to get thinner yarn or something so it's not as...fluffy? Yeah, fluffy. But, anyway, it's an idea!
I also finished a couple of hats - I will post pictures of them soon.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I love those crochet earrings! I just might have to make some of those! thanks for such a lovely comment, you should definitely do the craft challenge, you'd do awesome!
    xoxo
    Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete