Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Magic!

Have you ever heard of Lisa Pavelka's Magic-Glos? If not, it's pretty fantastic stuff. I came across it last year and made some dried flower necklace pendants for my mom and sisters for Christmas. They're fun because you just laminate the flowers and can cut around them in any shape you want before you apply the gloss. It was a long time ago, but I believe I used this site for the idea. I made one for myself out of several petals from different flowers I had picked on a family vacation to Washington. For some reason I still hadn't put it on a chain or anything even though I've had it for a year!

The other night I had the idea to just crochet a chain out of hemp and crochet the pendant into it. I also added a little key from one of my mom's old earrings with a jump ring. Then I put a lobster clasp on the top and it's a necklace!


I think the look of the crocheted hemp is pretty cool...but I have a feeling I might change my mind and want to put it on an actual chain or something.


I kind of keep forgetting about the Magic-Glos, but I still have a lot of it left so I think I'll make some more dried flower jewelry soon! Plus, free souvenirs like flowers are the best and this is a great way to turn them into keepsakes you can wear!

3 comments:

  1. this is so cool! i'd love a flower necklace .... giveaway ... hint hint! seriously, i love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hmm, never done a giveaway, but I will keep that in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Magic-Glos looks like an excellent way to preserve dried plant material. Without a protective covering, plant material is too brittle to last long.

    ReplyDelete