Sunday, November 21, 2010

Someone has a hat addiction.

Hats have seemingly become my obsession as of late. I actually finished a couple of hats last weekend which I realized I never posted. The first was this one which I had started back in this post.



I crocheted it using this Vickie Howell pattern, but I don't think it turned out quite right. I think it's a bit too slouchy - it's so heavy, it has the tendency to slide off. I followed the instructions and used the same kind of yarn and everything, so I don't understand...I think I'll try to make another one using this pattern but make it a little bit shorter.
Then I knitted this green striped hat, and now I'm knitting a scarf to match it.


Then last night I crocheted a hat with this bulky textured yarn. And then I made a pom pom for it. This one was so fast to make...and it's so warm too!


I also started knitting another hat last night. Oh yeah, I'm a MACHINE! I'm planning on most of these hats and scarves I've been making to be Christmas presents, but I won't say for who! I hope everyone likes them, though! :)

5 comments:

  1. awesome!!! I love making hats! And everyone loves a great hat!!! I'm working on 2 for my nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a hat making machine lately too. Hahaha! They're just a lot faster to make than the 4 blankets I've been working on for Christmas presents. I need to stop procrastinating on my blankets, but hats are TOO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah, hats are so addicting because they're such quick projects, they make you feel productive even if you're procrastinating! Plus they're practical. Haha!

    Hmm...blankets. I wanted to maybe make some blankets for Christmas but haven't started anything yet. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are adorable! This is my first time to your blog and I think your name is clever!

    ReplyDelete