Sunday, December 12, 2010

Retro crafting

I picked up these old craft magazines at the flea market during my local church's Labor Day Picnic. It was the end of the day when they always start just giving things away for free. I grabbed a few things, including these magazines. I only managed to get a couple. I could see there were more, but they were packing up so the rest were in boxes already.

These are from September and October of 1972.

I love the folk art patterns.

That guy with the mustache really loves his bottle cutting kit. Hehe.

I've decided I kind of like 70s decor...or just that chair.

 Apparently "foiled" projects were really popular then.

I love this table!

I also grabbed this "Creative Ideas for Living" magazine, kind of accidentally.


It's mostly home decorating, but it's still got some fun stuff in it. It's not as old either. It's from June of 1990, coincidentally the month that I was born! :)
My dad also recently found some knitting booklets from the 40s and 50s which are really cool. I'll have to post some pictures of them sometime.

2 comments:

  1. I love old craftbooksna dn home decorating books and stuff like that. Its fun to throw in something with a more older feel to it instead of making or decorating with only modern items. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you attempted to make anything from the books yet? A good idea would be to take something from the magazines and put your own spin on it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete