Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Art Journaling

I decided I want to try to start keeping an art journal. I've always thought it seemed like such a lovely, whimsical style of journaling...to just doodle, jot down random thoughts, and keep track of inspiration. I feel like I should set a goal to make sure I keep up with it, but I have a feeling I won't keep up. So, I think I'm going to say I'll put something in it at least twice a week. That seems fairly reasonable.

Anyway, I just grabbed an old composition book we had. I didn't have much here to decorate it with, so I ended up using paint samples and, of course, black duct tape. The strap is an old headband.



It's simple, but I like it. Simple is good sometimes. Plus, rainbow colors are always inspiring, don't ya think? :)

I'm really excited to start doing this, though. I'm wayyy indecisive and tend to stare at the page/fabric/etc for a long time before I finally start doing a project. Hopefully this kind of impulsive, artistic spew of whatever's on my mind will help me get over that.

Do you keep an art journal?

No comments:

Post a Comment