Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm Back!

I know, I know. I said I was going to keep up with this blog even though my class is over. But in all honesty, I needed a break, so the blog has kind of been on hiatus. It's winter break and I've been busy with holiday and family stuff and catching up on my sleep. I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was pretty good. I love giving presents to people, especially since this year I made a lot of them. I didn't finish all of them on time, though, so I had to give some IOUs! Oops! So I'm still catching up on presents. And now I'm pausing that to work on my sister's birthday presents for next week. Needless to say, there's a lot on my to-do list!

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of everything I gave to people (a lot of them were hats and things I had already posted on here) but everyone liked their presents! Here are a few that I happened to get pictures of.

 I made this journal for my sister Ali out of an old Reader's Digest. We got a whole box full of them for free! I tore out the old pages, hot glued in lined pages, and covered the binding with black duct tape. It's the first thing I've done like this so I'm not sure how well it will hold up.

 I made a pocket out of scrapbook paper - probably the worst part of it, it's a little rough.

 The pages are old school notebook paper that I cut down to size with an X-acto knife. A little scrappy, but I like the rough, handmade look.

Isn't the cover pretty?

 I made these mini notebooks for my other sister, Missie.

 For the covers I used old wallpaper samples which I laminated.

 I sewed all of the pages together. And once again used duct tape as binding. Man, that stuff is useful! :)

 This is for my sister, Missie. I framed a picture of her baby girl, little miss Celie, and embroidered her name and birth info onto fabric I used as the background. I actually hadn't finished this in time for Christmas so I still have to give it to her - I can't wait!

 I'm still not the best at embroidery, but I think it turned out pretty good.

 I also made some last minute jewelry for Ali. These are like the earrings I crocheted before, but I hot glued buttons in the center which makes them so much cuter! Ali loved them so that's good. :)

Another pair of earrings I made.

Overall it was a pretty crafty Christmas! Along with my normal presents, I got some awesome craft supplies like super hefty scissors and cutting supplies, yarn, and a couple of Joann's gift cards. I also got The Handmade Marketplace which I'm excited to read.

Even though we're already a couple of days in, I'm still trying to list my New Year's resolutions. (I guess I'm a little behind on everything.) I'll post on that tomorrow. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. those presents turned out great!!! I love the embroidery and the button earrings!

    ReplyDelete