Monday, January 10, 2011

Out of Hibernation / Drawing

Today is my first day back to classes after my too-short winter break. I've had two classes so far, which went pretty well. I'm pretty excited about my drawing class. I'd say it's pretty basic as far as artistic skills go, but I've never been that great at it. I mean, I can look at a picture or something and draw on paper what I see...

 This is from way back in 2006, I think.

Other than that I just do doodles in my notes. I've never been able to put on paper what I see in my mind and it's kinda frustrating. So this class will give me lots of drawing practice! Hopefully I'll be better at sketching out project ideas and designs...and drawing for fun, of course. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! I am really great at drawing if I can see what I'm drawing (like a picture) but if I'm inventing something of my own, it never turns out right..
    That drawing is really good, btw.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - Glad I'm not the only one! I'm hoping lots of practice will help. And thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete