Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vintage patterns!


I couldn't pass up these 1970s dress patterns I found at Goodwill recently. There was a whole basketful, I couldn't not get a few! Plus, I only paid a quarter for each of them.


I was especially excited about this McCall's pattern, because it's from 1976 - the year my parents got married. The style looks almost just like my mom's dress, and her bridesmaids wore those same pastel colors. They even wore those wide-brimmed hats!

I just had to share my excitement with you. Even if I don't actually use the patterns, I can use the pieces to decoupage because I've always thought that was a cool idea. Has anyone ever used vintage patterns for other creative projects? I'd love to hear about it!

Happy Thursday!

P.S. I've been changing my layout around. I think I like it now but I'm still not sure. What do you think?

Kate

3 comments:

  1. I like the new layout, nice and cheery.

    If you make a dress from the last pattern you must post about it! They look amazing :)

    Talitha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I definitely will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layout. The header is super cute and I like how clean it looks!

    ReplyDelete